Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Purple Yuma Help Please

ardo_ski

Attahced is a picture of a some Purple Yuma I recieved on Friday. The order got delayed and went to Fed Ex so the water was about 60 degrees, Everyhing else I received is starting to look better, but the purple Yuma's (large ones) the smaller one seem to be ok. Should I reomve the dieing ones? How would I remove them? Here is a picture any help would be great. Thanks in Advance.

75536297.jpg

75536306.jpg

Yumas are super hard to maintain in my nano... I bought a rock with orange yumas, and 5 of them died.

That rock was NOT cheap :C

I suspect that it was the instable salinity in my tank, because I get pretty lazy with the topoff (and my beginner corals don't seem to mind).

The only surviving yumas (2) are on the side of the rock facing the main lights, with low current.

wow, thats too bad. i would have started by putting them in a quarantine tank. melting yuma stuff cant be good for the others in the tank. low light and good flow. watch ammonia and nitrates. be ready for a water change. carbon in the system may help. also keep sg below 1.027. pods will clean the dead stuff off by tommorrow. hope the rest make it.

Not bleached. They lose their coloration when they are sick and slime away like they are doing now. DEFINATLY get the dieying rics out of your tank ! as with any anemone they will foul the water quality when they die.

Archived