Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

my 8gallon clear-for-life tank...

timb000

stop by jeff's exotic fish today and picked up one of jeff's 8 gallon clear-for-life acrylic tank with stand and canopy. It was one of jeff's display tanks that he had in the store and was nice of him to sell it to me(thanks again jeff). If anybody is in the area I recommend you stop by Jeff's exotic fish and take a look around (great customer service, selection and price).

Here are some pics of my tank.

I will be updating this thread as I go. Sorry for the bad pictures as this is my first attempt at using a digital camera:D

day1

put in 20 pounds of aragonite live sand.

10347sand_in_tank-med.JPG

added about 5 pound of live rock(will be adding more later).

10347setup1-med.JPG

here's a couple shots of the tank with the stand and canopy. Water and salt was mixing so no water in the tank for now.

10347closershot-med.JPG

10347standandcanopy-med.JPG

Thats all for now. Thanks for looking everyone.

-timb000

I was orginally going to put only 10 pounds of sand from one of jeff's bins. But jeff let me buy one of his 20 pound bag of sand for the same price so I took it. Yeah I know its alot of sand but I just didnt want to throw the rest away so I just put it all in there. Its about 3 inches right now. Why is it bad to have too much sand? If it is I'll just take some out later.

with too much sand the botom becomes dead and dosent help you at all i would get a fyge and put some in it, or set up a diff tank or sell some you have many options so choose what you want but i wouldent leave it taht deep

timb000 that tank is awsome. I see it every time I go to jeff's! BTW I love jeff's exotic fish, great store and great prices. Can I ask how much?

Phergus: DSB isn't necessarly a bad thing, there was a huge article writen on RC about its benifits. I wish I could find it but its kinda old. The depth of that sand bed isn't really that deep either. Looks to be about 2" at most

Originally posted by lostduck80

That is amazeing,  does the doors for the stand actually open!

what kind of lighting are you going to put in.

thanks lostduck80, yea the stand and the canopy actually opens its pretty neat. I'll post a pic of it open tomorrow.

As for the light i'm running a 7 watt 50/50 bulb right now while it cycles. Im going to put my stock via aqua 36 watt lights when I upgrade to mh(hopefully by christmas). Im planning to keep nothing but low light corals in this tank.

Originally posted by B16A2NR

timb000 that tank is awsome. I see it every time I go to jeff's! BTW I love jeff's exotic fish, great store and great prices. Can I ask how much?

thanks B16A2NR, I always see it there too and everytime I call and ask about it the employees always tell me its their display tank and they are not selling it! So I was like what the heck i'll just go(40 min. drive) and ask jeff myself and guess what he sold it to me lolz (great guy btw).

b16 you got pm

Originally posted by emokid

those tanks are cute... but kinda hard to view at knee level.

Yeah I know what you mean emokid but its not too bad I can still view my tank without any problems YET...

Nice little tank. :)

WIth the sand, I'd either take some out (could use some in a fuge or just save it) or at least get a lot of sand-dwelling critters to keep it stirred.

Archived