ReefCleaners.org

Brown Flatworms?

audiocontrol

I have quite a few of these critters in my tank. They do not harm the corals at all when they sit upon them. However, they are a bit of an eyesore and bothersome. Are they a type of flatworm that can be erradicated using "flatworm exit?"

these things are bad news especially if they've begun smothering your corals. at one point or another they will hinder your coral's ability to photosynthesize by blocking light and you know what happens after that, it begins to degenerate, and ultimately it will die.

do a search on "flatworm exit" and you might find some helpful insight about dealing with this problem. my suggestion for temporary removal is to siphon as much as u can out of the tank (airline tubing) that aren't on corals, and as for the rest that are, look into flatworm exit for removal. just make sure u follow the directions on the label word for word (or so i hear), and siphon as much of these little buggers out. i think somewhere i've read that they release toxins upon death, so it would help to remove as many as u can before killin em

I tried the siphoning off method and it would work for awhile but they would just multiply back. I had the use FlatWorm Exit about 7 times before they were all dead. I got mine from reefgeek.com. They were half the price of the LFS.

Hog

6-line will eat them, but they didn't solve my flatworm problem. i've had one in my nano-cube to help w/flatworm control but it didn't even so much as make a dent in the population.

i think flatworm exit is probably the only clear method of removal of these things. next closest thing is siphoning them away; but that takes a long tome every week... so if you're completely at a loss, just use flatworm exit. and remember... siphon as much of those crappers out before using the flatworm exit! :)

Archived