Pod Your Reef

grr....fuge/sump noise

ProFlatlander15

ProFlatlander15

help!! my fuge is running well but the drain is making noise....its as if there is not enough water is going down the drain from my overflow and air is mixing w/ it making a gurgling sound...i put a length of airling tubing down it, but it did not really help...i have to sleep with this so please help!!

Your overflow should ideally go into a T connector...the downwards section draining into your sump and the upwards section capped. Just drill a hole in the cap and this will allow air to go in and will eliminate the gurgling noise.

ProFlatlander15

lol thanks guys, i dont have school today so ill work on. i think im going to try the T idea, but i dont want to drill my tank, so ill customize it a little bit. i think ill try the ball valve idea too. thanks again

ProFlatlander15

doc shake, i added a ball valve at the end of my drain pipe and it is working flawless, thanks alot. i have an external over flow and dont really want to drill my tank, so i didnt go w/ the durso or anything else like that. the ball valve worked like a charm

Archived