Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Complete 150 MH for $150

jaykay

hmmm ... from what i read it seems like it will include everything u need including the bulb.

here's the description:

Designed for use with 150-watt HQI lamps, this black pendant fixture has a painted aluminum housing. The remote ballast is 115V/60 Hz and includes a 3' power cord and 8' lamp cord. Fixture measures 9" in diameter, 8" high. 10K HQI lamp included. Also, includes safety lens and mounting bracket. One-year warranty.

so that's housing + ballast + bulb + wiring + mounting bracket + UV shield ... i think that's all u need....? this would be a great deal for a prop tank of some sort or over a nano-cube

yea to me it seems like a kick-ass deal. if i were to setup a prop tank i'd get me a cheapo 20L and 2 of these babies...

if only i had the space, time, and money! :P

Here's this fixture over a Via Aqua 18. Changed the 10K bulb to a 20K XM bulb. Works well with no actinic suplementation.

The light is tightly focused and there is a little less intensity at the edges of the tank.

The ratchet style cord makes adjusting the height of the light simple. Also makes it very easy to move the light up and out of the way for cleaning.

6709DSC01307.JPG

wow your tank looks awesome!!

so it seems like someone has made use of this fixture. not bad. it really makes me wana turn my nano-cube into a prop tank....i hate toying with the idea of spending more money :(

Livestock under this light:

SPS:

Acropora sp., Montipora Capricornis

LPS:

Pagoda Cup, Branching Hammer

Mushrooms / Polyps / Softies:

Pulsing Xenia, Orange, Blue, Green Ricordeas, Green Star Polyps, Palythoas, Pink Zoos, Green Rings Zoos, Purple Spotted Mushrooms

Others:

T.Maxima Clam, Rose BTA, Purple Gorgonian

Flase Perc, Six Line Wrasse, Brittle Star, Electric Blue Hermit, Lots os snails and blue and red hermits.

Thinking about 2 of these lights over my 75 gallon tank but the aqua medic light is looking good too. I really wish this light could be had in a 250W. This light works great over the Via Aqua.

oh man thats such a great light!!!!

I have a via aqua too..how much did that light cost you?? Do anyone have extra?? I need one desperately! I'm offering $150 over paypal!

It's a little tough to call a business that is trying to make a profit a thief for selling something for more when demand indicated that a higher price was warranted. Clearly the equipment can be procured at higher prices and eventually someone will challenge and the price will reach an equalibrium. That was a great price though.....wish I had seen it and bought one.

Steve

says 193 not 150. you have to buy 4 or more to get it at 175 even. unless the prices have changed since this post was made ummmmmmm...............

we get a group buy on this?

Anyone have the time to put that together? I would bet if we can get 10 or so people, we could get it back down to around 150.

Anyone wanna do this? and also ask him about maybe a 20k bulb instead of 10k.

G

I emailed them and asked them if they could lower the price back down to $150 if I could get them a group buy on this.

Wonder if nano-reef site owner can add them as a sponsor and get us cheaper deals????

G

Archived