SaltCritters.com

emergency! mushroom damage help please

prettyflywhiteguy

prettyflywhiteguy

I have a big Mussa Mushroom that has been splitting recently and when i say big i mean huge, the thing is 3.5-4" across in places and has 5 mouths, i woke up this morning and found a piece of it just floating around the tank as if it'd been torn violently from the rest of the mushroom, it seems to be bleeding and shedding silky looking strands from the wound, i know i saw my emerald crab near it yesterday but the piece that was floating around is bigger then the crab so i don't think he did it but he's still a suspect, is this normal when large shrooms split or did something actually rip up my mussa?

water parms all good sg .022 nitrates barely reading and 0 nitrite and amonia

only tank inhabitants are an emerald crab a few blueleg hermits and a handfull of astrea snails

prettyflywhiteguy

i just got home from meeting my father for breakfast and the mushroom looks like it has mostly unraveled that can't be natural or healthy.. i put what is left of it in a bucket with a pwerhead for movement since the thing was fouling the hell out of my water, i did a big water change and put an extra bag of carbon in my sump.. if the shrooms can piece themselves back together they'll go back in unless someone posts a better idea i'm pretty much giving up on them.. any advice would be great

Archived