inTank Media Baskets

Smokin-Reefer's attempt at aquascaping! - Take one.

Smokin-Reefer

Smokin-Reefer

Tank has been established for about 11 months and in this time I've never ever "aquascaped" my tank! It's always just been a pile of rocks with frags placed wherever. Mostly due to my laziness, and a abudance of aiptasia, but now those things aren't really a problem anymore so I tried to aquascape last night. Beleive it or not, there is alot of open room behind the rocks, not all are against the glass. This is my first attempt at arranging my rocks so It'll change in the coming weeks I'm sure. Maybe some epoxy would do the trick....

It's about 20lbs of LR

I know the glass is horribly dirty, I need to clean it, but like I said I'm lazy.....this is also the first tank pic I've ever posted on n-r.com.... I should have waited till it was packed with corals like a fruitstand, but with my budget things like that have no choice but to wait.

Don't mind the rocks in the front, those, and some rubble are just kinda "there" until I find a good spot!

Thanks

Daniel

2758fulltank1130.jpg

Hmm..looks good. Only suggestion I might make is to take the smaller pieces on the left side of the tank and maybe try and add them to the top right side. One of the cool "rules" I've learned about aquascaping is that if you try to have rocks only contact each other at one or two points, you wind up with a really interesting aquascape full of holes and caves (that and the rock tends to stack a bit higher as well..lol). Just a thought.

Cheers,

Fred

grrr... aptasia. i think itf you wanted to try to cover the drain with a rock, but that's about it. Rocks is rocks for the most part when it comes to a nano

I have had a 10G going at work for a yaer now, and just put corals in a few weeks back, and just cleaned the glass for the first time in months.

No fish though. No coralline either.

Archived