Coral Vue Hydros

Up and running now for a while!

robram27

Here is the progress of my little tank over the past few months.

NanoCube 12g (Old Version)

Mods to water flow, new pump, heater, sand and 18 lbs of nano-rock from preimium aquatics. Have some pics of mods on a previous post if anyone interested.

Ya, i kinda planned it that way, the tank is in a strange position at my desk. The viewing occurs mainly on the right-side and front. So I try to put a little something on the sides for the kids to see it better than standing in front at my desk. Thanks for the kind words.

Well most of the mods I did have been done in the new DX. New 32W light in addition to the 24W, moon lights (three blue LEDs) Slits for the surface water so it acts like a skimmer. Drilled a small hole in the original pump outlet so that a small amount of water will shoot upward at about 45 degrees and make a small wake on the surface. I also added a minijet 606 with another pump outlet drilled into the back wall which is about half way down from the tod and just off center horozontally. ( you can see it in the side view picture I took) This pump and the original pump are hooked up to the "natural wave" power strip. It makes for some very stimulating and random water movement for my corals. I also added 2 variable fans for the heat, (Which DX has done) and a 50 watt heater will be adding a "ice probe" hopefully after christmas, summer was pretty harsh here in texas and temps just above 80 make for some killer green alge to clean everyday. I was having some problems whit fish getting ick and such so I bought an angstrom 4W UV filter and made mods for it to fit (nothing a Dremel cannot handle). I think that is about it as far a custom work. I would have loved to DX a year ago so I would not have had to do so much work.

I tell myself

"Next time I get a cheap ass tank and start form there!!!!"

ahhhh a fellow old Nano Cube owner...are there any of us left, who bought the orignal..lol Your tank looks great, incredible rock work...what an amazing arch.....your fish must love it.....very cool.

Archived