Top Shelf Aquatics

something hurt my fish

c_hemmerich

I have a yellow watchman goby and he lives in a cave with a bristle worm. Last night i noticed that one of his fins is missing. do u think the bristle worm could have done that?

i also have a sixline wrasse and a coral banded shrimp and a porcelaine crab...

who do u think hurt my fish????

my guess might be the shrimp if he could catch him sleeping...i doubt a bristleworm could do damage like that fast enough for the goby not to notice...porcelains are harmless...and the six-line...maybe....might be something else that you don't know about though...dun dun dun

well have you ever heard of anything else that may harm the fish that people dont usually know about. i have a linkia but that would never catch him... and it makes sense about the worm.... the fish does seem to particularily be afraid of the shrimp.... sooo you never know

I would also bet on the Coral Banded Shrimp also. Although i have no reason for this action. Maybe competition for common prey could have caused such an action. Put the goby in quarntine until fully healed then put back into display. Goodluck.

thanks for all the advice... i will put the goby in a little 5.5 for a month or so until he looks all better and i will keep an eye on the shrimp and make sure he is always well fed

Archived