Top Shelf Aquatics

Can I glue this

Cesar

Yes you can use marine safe epoxy. Or another way is to thread a neadle with fishing line through the base and tie it to a piece of rock. Then after the coral has attached itself to the rock you can cut the line and take it off. Goodluck.

Ok I have that Gel glue that BK mentioned. It's called Loc Tite. I had glued some zoo's before but I wasn't sure about this type of coral. Cool guys!

Ok, I tried the superglue gel three times with a finger leather frag and three times it has come loose. There is a small "stoney" base but it refuses to stay attached.

The needle and thread idea, I never thought to sew it down , but I guess I will try this next.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

You CANOT use epoxy on a leather coral. It will work its self out of it every time. When you touch them they shrink up and harden when the expend again they will push themsleves out of the crevas's the epoxy has made.

as for super glue. Nopers there either. They will slime away the super glue.

either use mesh, needel and thread or simply wedge it cut side down in between what you want it atatched to.

I did nothing to this leather coral and just noticed that it got stuck to that rock that's there, all by himself. No glue was needed.

Archived