Coral Vue Hydros

who killed 'im?

reale_02

hello everyone. i have a 10 gal tank, with a maroon clown, 5 turbo snails, 4 hermits, and a cleaner shrimp, and an emerald crab. up until a few hours ago, i had a royal gramma. when i looked at his dead carcass, i noticed that his gills were out and his head look beat up. could this be the work of the emerald crab? hes pretty big, about an inch or so (not including legs), and do you think that i should get rid of him before he harms my maroon? also, if it wasnt the emerald crab than what was it? thanks, reale

It's not to smart to keep a MAROON in a 10 gallon. they get big and MEAN, like damslesx5. I wouldn't be suppried if it was the work of the maroon that killed the royal gramma...

Not really. I think Damsels are way worst than a Maroon Clown. Yes a Maroon Clown can be aggressive but it kinda slows it down once it gets used to its suroundings.

By the way I have a Maroon clown and a Firefish together and never had a problem with those two guys. Now the damsel, he's a Nazi. Even with my Maroon clown

i used to have a damsel, and it killed both of my percs

i got my maroon, and its been fine. also, i know that they get big, so thats why i have a 100 gallon set up waiting for it. the gramma was also a half inch bigger than the maroon, and theyve been living in the same tank for about 3 months, so i dont think it was him.

I would suspect the emerald crab because that crab killed my six line wrasse. I would not put a Mithrax crab in a small reef because of this problem. They can turn into carnivores and go after small fish. Anyways you would have seen agression from the maroon as soon as you put the royal gramma in. This is suggesting that you recently got the Royal Gramma. If not, it is even less likely that your culprit is the maroon because the maroon would not all of a sudden show agression to this degree. This would have happened after you just inrtoduced the Royal Gramma. Goodluck.

Archived