inTank Media Baskets

Scooter blenny

freakinhippie

freakinhippie

Hey guys i just bought a scooter blenny today and i wanted to know if they are supposed to have an indentation on their underside, kinda where a rib cage would be? Strange question but i was curious.

Have you done research on this fish? They require pods to stay alive because that is basically all they eat. Alot of the time at the LFS they are kept in tanks that don't have enough or any pods in them for the scooter to eat. They quickly begin to starve, so yours could be really skinny from a lack of food.

freakinhippie

Yea i know they eat pods (: my tank has an over population of pods, but either way i wanted to know if there was something at the LFS that produces more pods? I want to make sure he is very well fed, he's an awesome fish.

i'm glad your informd that's cool, if you hav ea fuge get soem cheto is not then set up a fuge, you can do an intake fuge, mine is a thing made to keep a beta in a big tank but away from the other fish, it's clear with vents in it. I hav ekelp in it and rubble, i see pods crawling in it and ther stuff and it's only been going 2 weeks

Not only do they eat pods, but they also gorge on the pesky red flatworms. They should learn to eat other stuff too....try piscine energetics mysis shrimp. My mandarins in my 10g loved them!

I've had my scooter for about 3 months and he loves frozen blood worms. He and my fire schrimp push each other around when it come to feeding time. Very interesting fish to watch with great personality.

Try frozen bloodworms. Many will accept these. Just add a few right in front of his face. Keep trying he'll eventually eat it.

You can also feed live baby brine. Almost all of them will eat that. I can't stress enough the imprtance of rying to wean these guys. With just a little persistance I have gotten all of mine and most of my friends scotters eating prepareds. And oh ya mine don't touch flatworms!

If you can get live bloodworms, thats more likey to induce a feeding response if it wont eat freeze dried blood worms. Try mixing dead and live after a bit to get him used to both, then stop using live.

The problem with the brine is that the amount of protein and fat is almost nothing unless theyre vitamin enriched or freshly hatched with yolk sacs. Selcon helps too.

Archived