Cultivated Reef

More Nano Pics

audiocontrol

Here is the last surviving xenia colony. Seems to be doing well now, considering it only used to be 4 polyp heads and the other two colonies died:

I am not too sure what this coral is. I havent seen another one like it. They were originally displayed as "pink zoos" at the lfs. but then were changed to "pink palythoas". Anyone know??

Those who read up on my xenia posts, well here are the remains of 1 xenia colony that self destructed. There is another polyp on this rock, but this one has the best angle. Still pulsates, but this rock is on the otherside of the tank from where it originated from. Its the same rock as the purple mushrooms in the first pic.

He looks like some sort of Mythrix crab... can't tell if he has scoop claws or not... if not, and they're pointed or teethed, he is most likely a predator :(

At first I did not think so, I kept a real close eye on him. To be honest with you, he actually saved the "pink zoo?" colony. When I bought the colony, the guy just broke the rock and most of the polyps were ripped. The conony died off to about 20% living. If it wasnt for the crab constantly eating the dead/dying polyps, im sure the rest of the polyps would have died and fouled my water. That was the only time I have seen him eat a coral. The rest of the time he picks around them and just eats the garbage or small bits of algae.

I know. He was the first guy in the tank too, so I was excited about keeping him in there. But I really had a close eye on him, any more closer and he probably woulda pinched my pupil.

Archived