4 Astrea snails

5 Trochus

and two free Emerald Crabs.

Also have a question?

There is this thing on the back of one of

my turkey wing clams.

It is eating the coraline alge.

It looks like a little volcano.

the 15-blue and 4-astrae would be enough imo. the scarlets are pretty though. the emeralds are not to be trusted ime. :

the volcano may be a volcano limpet ???

2 emeralds in a 10 gal seems like alot to me. If they don't get enough to eat (i.e. hair algae and uneaten fish food) they will feast on your coralline algae and possibly your corals. I had one emerald in a 20 gal that cleaned a 3lb piece of LR in about 2 months. These are omnivores, and will eat just about anything. So to keep your coralline, keep them fed.

Beautiful crabs though...

I have had nothing but problems with my emerald crabs. Matter of fact, I removed mine and transfered the bastard to a big tank with lots of crab eaters and let him fend for himself.

sorry about that, some peeps say limpets may munch on sps and other corals although mine never did (got eaten instead). they graze on algae and some on coralline, i guess that one does. :P

emeralds are very cool, i just don't personally consider them reef safe. mileage will vary.

printerdown01

Most spp. of limpets will only feed on algae... so you should be ok. You def have enough for clean-up! You might actually be over stocked in the crab department, but not a big deal, just be sure to feed some extra food to your fish and they'll be happy. Bump with the emerald comments. Actually if you avoid picking up small fish you probably won't have to much of a problem : .

Archived