Top Shelf Aquatics

Feeding a hairy mushroom?

sacjon

I just got my first coral, a hairy shroom - gorgeous little bugger! The LFS recommeded Black Powder, but after buying it, I have read some very negative reviews about it. So, what should I be feeding my coral and other inverts (hermits and snails)?

I was thinking Zooplex - is that good? Or Marine Snow?

Btw, I already feed a small dose of mysis shrimp each day - mainly for my firefish.

use the same thing you do to feed the fish and it will split and spread and be mary. ;) I feed mine mysiss, silver sides, cyclopezz. ect ect.

Feed mine brine shrimp... Got a pic, but I'm running out of space to post in my gallery...

(Is there any way for me to get that increased? I promise to only put good pics on my gallery! Or can someone tell me how to attach an image?)

Dr. Saltwater

They don't really have to bed fed if they're placed in a good spot. They usually get some of the micro-organisms that live on the LiveRock or the food that you give the rest of the tank.

Be aware if you have the fleshy kind like the one pictured they get HUGE!!!!! Just before they split. I mean they can get 6 inches in diameter. They will sting just about anything they touch ( providing it isnt a porite or another mushroom or yellow polyp.) if the brush against it. I have 6 of them in my 29 started out with one tiny one I bought for 8 bucks.

Archived