Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New 10 gallon

bdmiller

Here is a closeup shot of the live rock. Not sure how 'cured' it is. At the lfs yesterday I asked the kid if it was cured. He responded by saying it was in here for a while. Now I don't know how long a while is. Could be 48 hours, could be two weeks, not sure. When do you think I can expect to see some life?

good start, but IMO, you should re-do your rockwork. just keep in mind that you want to have water flows tru most if not all areas in your tank, so you shouldn't pile your rocks up like that. There are many nice pieces i can see from the pile, you can built bridges, overhangs with flatter pieces. If you have to, you can epoxy them together, or tie them up. It doesn't seem like you have enough circulation for the bottom of your tank with lots of deadspot areas. Just a thought...

:P

its better, good job, i can see a lot of flat spots for coral/frag placements...you will love it, it wuldn't hurt to add abotu 10 more lbs of LR neither...^_^

i liked it better when it was stacked higher. it lets you put more light loving corals towards the top more. whatever you like is what should go though. both look great IMO.

Hey

IMO you dont need any more rock, but I would build it up a bit more in the centre, but I wouldn't build up as close to the surface as it was the first way, but that ias just my opinion.

Should look good when its fully stocked and has a bit more coralline on the rock

Good Luck

Matt

It looks rockieeee

add some more rock. add it off to the left. and get a nice piece of staghorn Tonga branch to add some character up high. make like a crescent moon shape it will be scheeewieat !

Second design is much better.;)

The rock meister has spoken:x

I'm coming into that algae-shmear-on-the-glass period now, and WISH that I arranged my rockwork away from the glass. Before you start to stock, you should consider giving full access for a scraper to work it's magic on the glass. Move them rocks away from the glass.

As soon as I wash my hands - maybe Saturday:P - I'm gonna rearrange mine.

John

Archived