SaltCritters.com

Live rock bonding

Brian da lion

Kinda....it needs the time to cure to do any good. Also, the size of the rocks you're trying to gluing up will affect it.

I've done this with zip ties.....worked better IMO. May have to drill holes but it's a better bond and not permanent.

BTW, you'll need to be a little more patient than 6 minutes for an answer in most cases....

Cameron

There are several ways to bond rock, the drilling route is a good non-permanent way to do it. The best way to "glue" them together is plumbers epoxy IMO. Cut a piece of the epoxy off, mix it up good and smush it between the rocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry to bring this post up again but im gonna be aquascaping a 15 gallon tank in a certain way soon and i was wondering about this epoxy stuff? is it totally safe in thewater and have i heard that it sets very quickly? how strong is it? thanks, adam.

I've used Aquamend fiberglass repair stuff in my previous tanks. Never had any problems. Sets underwater too. Awesome stuff. Coralline won't grow on it though, and it's bright white.

Cyanoacrylate (superglue) is also good for gluing underwater without killing your fish...but the bond it makes isn't very strong, and it won't fill gaps.

--B

As uglybuckling mentioned...those that use cyanoacrylate as the active ingredient is not toxic. I use it all the time. And in fact, I used it to glue a loose mushroom to a piece of small rock rubble earlier tonight.

Others...I don't know.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Tigahboy

those that use cyanoacrylate as the active ingredient is not toxic.  I use it all the time.  And in fact, I used it to glue a loose mushroom to a piece of small rock rubble earlier tonight.

Reviving an old post...

Tigah, how did that go? I've read on other threads that super glue won't work on 'shrooms. I want to move some tonight, and I don't have any bridal veil handy ;)

Haha. that was awhile ago indeed. funny thing is, it did work in that the loose polyp was now stuck to the rock. but that crazy little mushroom just moved over to the rock right next to it after a couple of days.

Archived