ReefCleaners.org

Free symbiotic clown and anemone

Dane

Hi

I have a small (1 inch) tomato clown and a small (3 inch dia) bubble tip anemone. I really love having my nano but I am going to college soon and I will not have the time or money to support the tank. If anyone is interested in these animals please let me know, I just want them to go to a good home. They are symbiotic with each other and both are very healthy. I live about 2 hours north of Greenbay, WI (4 hours from Milwaukee). If anyone is interested please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks a lot

I would have no problem shipping it just so long as I knew how I should do it. I'm not really sure what measures to take to ship it properly. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Hi Kean

what size tank do you have? I also have a very small dwarf hermit crab, he just kinda hangs out in the tank and cleans. I dont want to kill him so would you maybe want him also? If not its okay, just let me know

Dane,

Hi! I have a well established 29 gal. Yes, I can take the hermit crab too.

I can ship you my styro box, heat pack and breather bags to make the shipping easier for you and ensure better surviving chance for your fish.

Thanks,

Kean Huat

Do you think it would be fine if I double bagged them and put plenty of water in the bags for them (i know not too much cause of $$). I would really appreciate if you did send your styro box, heat pack and breather bags. Sounds like you have done this before. Do the breather bags take the place of a normal plastic bag or should i still put them in double plastic bags. Would you be willing to ship overnight cause I think that is the only way they would make it. Thanks

Oh, and one more thing, I would probably send the anemone attached to a piece of live rock if that is okay. Its not very big (under a pound) but it does have some hair algae on it.

Dane,

Hi! I was thinking of going with FedEx Ground since it's cheap and will only take one day transit time from your place to mine. I never ship saltwater fish before but I've shipped 100+ FW fish with breeder bags with success. Just double bag with another breeder bags.

Regarding the anemone, I read that it's tough to ship. If you are shipping it with LR, that will sure bump up the shipping cost. How big and how heavy is the LR?

If you can find someone to take them locally, i think it will be the best. I appreciate your generous offer though.

Thanks,

Kean Huat

Originally posted by Dane

Do you think it would be fine if I double bagged them and put plenty of water in the bags for them (i know not too much cause of $$).  I would really appreciate if you did send your styro box, heat pack and breather bags.  Sounds like you have done this before.  Do the breather bags take the place of a normal plastic bag or should i still put them in double plastic bags.  Would you be willing to ship overnight cause I think that is the only way they would make it.  Thanks

Dane I feal so bad for you man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can just feal the pain of giving up your clown and anemone in your typing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buck up bucka-roo When you finish college and get the job your going to school for you will have the time and money for a HUGE REEF and all the TR clowns and anenomes ya want buddy!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

If you still have them, I would actually be willing to pick them up. I live in Ashland (about 45 minutes west of Ironwood). I have a year old nano-cube that I'm sure they would be happy in. I'm heading home monday so I would have to know pretty soon. Thanks!

thanks to everyone who has tried to help me. I was fortunate and found a reputable pet store to take them for me. I hope no one is too dissapointed. thanks again

Archived