inTank Media Baskets

Our First Nano - Eclipse 12 @ 2mos

NoobReefer

Here's our first attempt at a Nano. My wife and I had orignally planned a simple "fish only" tank but after seeing the amazing reefs on this site we were hooked!

Tank is about 2mos old. The next move is to add some good beginner reef critters.

The Details:

Eclipse 12

96w PowerQuad Retrofit

Stock Filtration (we're limited on choice since this sits in a bookcase in my office)

2 MiniJet 404s

~12lbs of LR

Inhabitants

2 Emerald Crabs

1 Blue Damsel

1 Hawkfish

2 Turbo Snails

1 Unidentified Hermit

5 or 6 small blueleg hermits (hitchikers on a piece of LR)

We've both learned an amazing amount from this site and the wonderful tanks you guys put together. Any suggestions or thoughts are welcome.

Since we live in a fairly sparse area there's only 1 LFS that sells coral and would rather not buy from this person given the conditions he keeps all his other animals. Any suggestions on type of critters and a good source would be appreciated.

Noob Reefer

Nice tank! I might be wary about that large unidentified hermit, some types can destroy corals and reefs and that would be a pita. Your best bet for another source for livestock would probably be thru online retailers like marine depot, liveaquaria or whatever site you prefer. Personally I don't order from any stores online, but im old fashioned.

EDIT: wowowowow I lvoe your hawkfish. I myself am looking to acquire one of the same species as you (commonly called falco hawkfish but goes with other common names). Tell me what you think of him, is he aggressive towards the inverts?

The hawk isn't as bad as I thought he'd be on the big inverts. He was very interested when they were added but since he's left them alone.

We have lost a couple of the hitchhiker bluelegs to him though :( Since then I don't seem them as much - they spend most of their time in hiding.

Noob Reefer

• 2 months later...

Archived