inTank Media Baskets

Testing Equipment ???'s

Glenn

I'm looking into upgrading my testing equipment soon. I am going to get a Salifert test kit and a refractometer. I was wondering which test kits I need for a reef tank. Salifert has a "Reef Pack" that has; calcium, pH, KH/Alk, Nitrate, and Phosphate. Is this enough? I was also wondering what kind of refractometers you guys like (which brand is best)? Thanks in advance for the help.

Yeah I like having Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, Ph, and Calcium. The longer your tank has been running, the less youll be using the nitrite, ammonia, and nitrate test kits. Nowadays I only test ammonia if something dies in my tank.

Thanks ross76053 and Fant for the tip on the refractometer!;) . Thnaks also NepTuNe-UsD, I completely forgot about the amonia and nitriteX) ! I think I may also opt for the silica test also (got a history of algae problems:( ). Anyway, I appreciate all the input. Once I get all the bugs worked out I'll post my setup plan for ya'll to glance and pick at :P . Again, thanks for the help.

Archived