SaltCritters.com

free fish

i have crabs

I have a yellow tail blue damsel that I will be taking back to the lfs store soon. If anyone wants it, they can have it free. Live in OC, California.

Hey Buddy, let me know how you take that sucker out. I've been trying for 1 week with no success. I have a damsel that is terrorizing my tank and it's a PITA. So let me know how you take him out. By the way if anyone wants mine also, it's yours.

a good way to remove troublesome fish from a nano is simply to drain the tank.. get a big bucket, drain it down to 1/2 full and you should be able to catch the little bugger, if not take a bit more out. All told your corals should be out of the water for no more than a few minutes..

-skeletor-

rather than draining the tank, which could hurt anything above water, or the fish when it thrashes, just wait until a few hours after the lights go out.

Turn the lights on, and wait for him to float out. They tend to bump into things when they wake up, and you can (but I wouldn't) grab it with your hand.

• 2 weeks later...

It was isolated into a QT so it was easy to get out. There was only water and pipe in there. But in other cases where I had to take out fish, I use a different method. It is kind of hard to explain so I will see if I can create a diagram later. Basically I lure the fish to a certain spot in the tank and then take a homemade acrylic half box object and slip it behind the fish enclosing it in a specific area of the tank. It is then easy to get out with a net.

Archived