inTank Media Baskets

Need your help finding an article.

Fender963

Does anyone know of an article that tells you the signs of low parameters??? Kind of like this only for corals????

You see I have some green star polyps, green buttons, and green hairy mushrooms. The polyps and buttons are excellent however the mushrooms keep getting worse and worse everyday. I think I have an iodine deficiency or something.

Thanx. Kyle

that's a good point. most books only show you how corals and inverts should look with little or no guides to 'what ifs'. I think delbeek & sprung's TRA II shows some 'negative' pics of corals.

dave, maybe you should put in some "no-no's" in your books. i.e. if it starts looking like this treat with 'A', etc.

maybe some of sprung's reef notes would have some pointers and parameters. never bought any of those though. :blush:

Let me direct you to this thread. The link I provided in my post there is an article about a study done on trace element levels in aquaria. According to the study, nearly all trace elements are elevated to potentially toxic levels in our tanks. So basically, I'd be more worried about high parameters than low parameters.

You can read the thread and article for further info.

-Chris

WOW. Finally someone who is really thinking about ways to improve the information we have available to reefers. There is so little written about "when things go wrong" in reef-keeping. Luckily we have this site to help us out but wouldn't a book of problems and solutions be wonderful?

Excellent post.

Archived