Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

One of a kind feather duster?

The Empiricyst

The Empiricyst

I haven't begun my nano just yet, but while looking around I came across this really great looking thing I believe is a feather duster. The guy's list of tank inhabitants only says "purple feather duster" (assuming that is, of the listed things, what it is) and I can't find anything anywhere about it. I think I'd really like one, so could anyone please pin a better name on this guy??

Mini-Bow by seabass

nano08.jpg

Either purple stripe feather duster or KoKo worm. Not positive tho b/c that pic has a lot of actinic/shade over it...but regardless, all feather dusters are relatively easy to keep so I doubt you need to find any special care information on them. Just put em in an area of decent flow.

They have em available here: http://www.blowfishaquatics.com/Merchant2/...ategory_Code=FD

And probably many other places.

The Empiricyst

I'm pretty sure it's neither a purple stripe fd or a koko worm. Are there books that cover a broad spectrum of marine life that could help me ID things like this?

And is it just so pretty 'n' laser blue due to actinic ligthing?

Well, I'd say it's one or the other, just a more rare color form. Thats the only one I've seen like that. I'd say just keep on the lookout for one.

Nice coulor. Squash some whole fish into the water that will fatten it up. Are FDs related to seapens? Where did the rock come from?

No, seapens are a type of coral and feather dusters are polychete worms.

Archived