Coral Vue Hydros

6 month update nano cube

SLOreefer

as you all remember the nanocube came for cheap and was a transitional tank to my 20 long, however as all things in life do, change happens and money gets out to other things like...well....food anyway here is an update of new rockwaork, removing the gsp and adding nothing really just some growth

hey brisk the tank is a crappo cube gutted and stuff. its got two minijet 606s in the back ...

lighting is csl 2x32w abs hood

supplements i use in topoff are kent buffer and seachem reef advantage calcium in like double or triple doses

the digi on the right is purple base with brown polyps, the smaller in the center of the digis is green polyps with purple base and the orange one has a nice green base. i just dont have a good camera to get the colors right

here's some love:

first off, i love the aquascaping....the pink zoa's and blastomussa u got there are also some very sharp lookin corals. i also like the extra flow mod you added. looks very clean... nice overall tank!

Hey SLoReefer...I just added some SPS to my Nano Cube as well. Any suggestions you would make about the growth you got for your SPS corals?? Ohh and by the way, the tank looks great!! Again and again!!!

hey brisk, the sps i have are pretty easy so there isnt much problem keeping them. i jsut make sure i keep them in the highest light area and in the most random flow i can up top. im not sure how the success would be in a stock cube or anythign though since with the 64 watts some browned out when i tried to have them lower in the tank.

btw thanks for all the love, i started feeling left out withought any replies

about the SPS..i wouldnt recommend everyone doing it. I have a pretty good understanding of placement and types of SPS that can handle lower lighting, i have chosen the sps i add accordingly. they can be kept under pc, however you have to be really careful about what kinds you get and where you put them. lighting isnt the only thing to worry about either, water quality and flow are very very important factors as well

hey moondark, corals is a good book with alot of info, but most of wat i have learned is from working at my lfs. ive worked there on and off for about 5-6 years and they specialize in saltwater and reefs. liveaquaria has some pretty good info as well

Archived