Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

OH YEAH! 64W in an eclipse 1tl

printerdown01

Well I did it... After 3 days of stragic planning, multiple set backs and defeats on the battle ground I know have 2x32W in my Eclipse 1. It isn't the greatest DYI job I have ever pulled... but it works. Unfortunately if I try to do a "quality" job, it won't fit in the hood X) . So for any of you out there who want to do this 2 tips: 1) don't screw ANYTHING down in the hood and it will fit (and it stays nicely since everything is so jam-packed) 2) Don't do it!! For the gods' sakes just put 2x28W since we know that it will fit!! I am still working on adding a reflector -which will probably take me another 3-4 days to figure out how to get that thin thing in there (that is honestly how packed it is). I have looked at it and I don't think I will have any heat problems, but I'll be watching everything closely for the next week or so. The best photo that I have at this time:http://www.geocities.com/printerdown01/64w.html

Possibly (and I don't think you "own" me LOL :P -I know that's not what you meant lol).... My original concept was to give a tank update -and thus this was the most appropriate board... but I was so excited that I got carried away, shifting the focus of the post to the details of how I did it. -Chris if you want to move this feel free. But it was my initial intention to go into the specifics, but rather to give an update on my tank.

Archived