Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Proximity

jamesj525

Hi there,

What do most people do about keeping different species seperate in these small tanks? I'm having a terrible time keeping my zoos and shrooms from touching each other. Do you just let them work it out - i.e. the stronger one will kill the other back? Or do you keep re-arranging everything as they grow into each other? Any comments?

Thanks

JJ

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with my zoos and GSP. I have this strain of GSP that's quickly overtaking real estate on any rock it touches. It's now smothering my zoos, and my zoos are trying to outrun it, but its propagation rate seems slower than the GSP.

Do you just let them work it out - i.e. the stronger one will kill the other back?  Or do you keep re-arranging everything as they grow into each other?

I've been trying to move things around, but it looks like it'll come down to survival of the fittest.

Zoo's, rics, and shroom I tend to let them work it out...Not much choice w/ how fast they grow and stuff...but some conflicts I always intervene...like my frogspawn, elegance, or torch versus the softies/polyps...I saw my torch and frogspawn zap the zoo's/rics around them and that wasn't a pretty sight, so I keep them far away and isolated.

Right. I think I'll let them be. I get really sick of putting my hands in there. Like you said though, only zoos and shrooms. I'll get in the middle of other stuff.

Archived