Cultivated Reef

What other options I have now!

nano805

Hi, I have a 12 gallon nano cube that has been running for about 3 months, I have 15 lb LR and 15 lb LS, some mushrooms and green polys, smerald crab, 3 hermits, 2 turbo snail. My water test for alkalinity and calcium are great. no NO3.

Here is what I need help with, I tired that every time that I go to the LTS they always give me so little option of what I can get, such as zoos, mushrooms, flower pot. Most of them said that I need more light to have more options.

Now I have a 28 watts 50/50 retrofit which makes a total of 52 watts on my 12 gallon nano cube.

Can somebody pleased tell me what other corals can I get now, and which ones will be not so hard to keep.

Ps: Can some of you give some advise on how to acclimate my new lighting? (I only have 8 mushrooms and about 12 polys)

Thanks a lot for all your comments. I also have a mini-jet 606 should I put it? Sorry for all these questions.

i like ricordia yuma, but also try ricordia floridia. of course if you're bored try getting more light for what you want. what do you want in your tank?

first of all, how do you get 52watts? You have 28watts, not 52. Or did you keep the origanal light on the nano cube? Second of all, if you want to safley keep corals, don't have an anemone, it's one or the other. The ricordea is iffy, it needs a certain amount of light, which if you actually have 28watts of light, it will not be enough.

Thanks for your recommendations, I guess I need to figure out what do I really want to go for it, since I don't even have fish at all.

I have the original light right now 24 watts, but I don't turn the other one on at this time the 28 watts.

I found out that if I turn both on it should be for only 4-5 hours and add one hour every four days still get to 9-10 hours daily, so probably I will start this process on friday or until I get enought info.

At the beginning I wanted to go for 2 perc clowns and anemone, but after admiring so many other creaters I think this will be a tough decision.

What I really like about this hobby is that there's no tank alike each one as a special personality.

thanks,

Archived