Pod Your Reef

i know i know...

kgb

ok i know this is going to sound dumb and all but ok what would you guys recomend for lighting on a 20 gall tank

i want it to be pc and i think i might get it from hello lights

but yeah what would i need to keep a wide variety of corals

would a 2x36 be good or no i aint going to cheep out on my lighting so just suggest it

BustytheSnowMaam

I think the 2x55 watt would be good (give you roughly 5 watts per gallon- not a hard and fast rule but it should let you keep most soft and some LPS corals).

Tasha

what kind of 20G? what livestock are you thinking of keeping? about what kind of aquascaping were you thinking of? (grass sandbed, tidepool LR, reef cliff/valley, reef crest, etc.)

without the info above i'd just say go with a double-ended mh, 175w, at least 10000K, with an Ice Cap ballast. then again whatever you say above that'd be my first choice anyway. :P give us some info and we can suggest something less stratospheric. :)

20H or 20L? I have a 20H with Jalli 2x55 lighting on it. So Far, for corals, I have yellow polyps, green branching hammer, and a beautiful bubble coral. All are growing, not just surviving. At some point in the future I may upgrade further, but I'm pretty happy with it for now. If you do a search on Jalli, somebody posted a link where they were selling this 2x55 complete with stands, fan dual switches for 99 bucks. Pretty damn good deal compared to the 150ish that most lfs are asking.Check it out.;)

p.s. only downside on this, is fan is a little loud

Archived