Top Shelf Aquatics

my 10 gallon

ajbowman

10343fish_tank_11-13-04.JPG

This is my 10 gallon at 2 months.

10 gallon AGA

15 lbs. LR

20 lbs. sand (slowly becoming live sand)

Surrent USA orbit 80w w/ moonlight

DIY air-powered auto topoff

whisper HOB (AC150 with skimmer attachment in the mail)

2 perculas

about 10 snails

about 6 crabs

a few mushrooms

xenia

star polyps

Just got a Nikon Coolpix 3200... I am very happy with it so far. Macro mode is very impressive for closeups. Let me know what you guys think!

Nice aquascaping, I really like the arch. I noticed that your floatswitch isn't covered. Sometimes a snail may find its way onto your floatswitch and cause it to constantly pump water into your tank. You might want to cover it with a snail guard like an clear pill case or a film canister, just in case.

Spongebob12000

that tank looks awesome. I'm ordering nano rock too. I hope it is as neatly shaped as the rock you have.

10g

15 lbs of ls

ac 300 fuge/skimmer mod

50w ebo jager heater

ac 201 ph

Diy stand & canopy

5 20w coralife 50/50 pc lights

btw I live in Polo, IL

Thanks for the positive comments!

As for flow, I am thinking I will leave my current HOB in even after I get my AC150 later this week. We will see how that works... I am hoping I won't have such a "prevailing current" anymore either. The floatswitch is about 2 inches from any wall and I haven't had any trouble yet, but I have been watching out. I have trimmed the macroalgae a LOT recently... that stuff grows fast! I want to get some more corals soon... probably not until after christmas though since I will be gone for over a week for Thanksgiving and for Christmas. Althought if anyone has any frags they wanna give me... feel free!

Deleted User 8530

well its been all of one day so I think updated pictures are a MOST! Well Im still suprised no one else commented. I just love our tank. Looks VERY nice.

10343tank_11-22.JPG

Here is a crappy pic from a few days ago... some day maybe I will clean the glass and run some carbon for a couple hours and take some quality pictures! I added an AC150 with surface skimmer and it has helped a LOT with keeping the surface scum down and added good waterflow. Here is a closeup of the xenia and the fishes:

10343xenia.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't done a whole lot to the tank since those pics. I was gone for a week for Thanksgiving... everything went ok, my auto-topoff worked beautifully. Only problem was that the gallon jug wasn't enough for 9 days, and it ran dry a day or so early. I hooked up another gallon jug in series so I should be good to go next time. They had peppermint shrimp for $3.95 at the LFS today, so I couldn't resist. I bought one.... will try to get some new pics tonight or tomorrow!

here is a new pic... i ran carbon for couple days and cleaned up the glass. I can really see some growth on the mushrooms and coralline in the past month. does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of the camera's reflection in the glass?

10343fish_tank_12-12-041.JPG

Nice tank! What stands out the most to me is how natural it looks. What has the growth rate been like on the feather caulerpa? Keep us updated...

• 4 weeks later...

awesome tank!

so you got 15 lbs of nano rock from premium aqautics? Did you just let them pick it, or did you ask for a certain combination (tonga/fiji/marshal) ??

Thanks!

Archived