Coral Vue Hydros

Crack

natrate

I just set up my nano-cube dx that I ordered on the internet, and just noticed a crack on the back side. It is leaking water very slow. I burned the box it came in, so I'm stuck with it. Anyone have any luck sealing a tank with a crack. It's about 6 inches long and has spidered out at the end.

it is acrylic i beleave right? you could just use acrylic bonding and just use it to fuse the crack solid. i would say take everything out of the tank first and let it cure for a day or 2 befor geting it wet again.

If it is glass I would say get a new one

unless.....

Is the back a seperate panel of glass?

If so you can get a new piece of glass and replace the broken one

You can patch it using silicone and another piece of glass, or even two more. (provided the surface isn't curved) Silicone the new piece of the crack on the inside, if using 1 piece or both sides if using 2. Leave it to dry for a couple days, then you should be ready to go.

go buy a new one. take it from the box. put cracked one in box and return that to the store where you got it why mess with fixing a new tank. or call online retailer and explain what happened

The back wall is glass, anyway. I just called the supplier and he is going to file a claim with the shipping company and get me a new one. What a relief. Aside from the leak, I'm really impressed with the nano-cube dx.

Archived