SaltCritters.com

new pics of my nano's and my new rose BTA

reefriot

well i just did some rearranging to my sps nano to accomodate my new rose anemone(now i'm ready for a black percula!). was trying to take some cool pics and thought i'd show a few.

and heres a shot of some of my better acro's from the right side of tank, the purple with blue tips was given to me by a friend at our last club meeting and has been sought after by many others for quite some time. i was surprised that he offered me a peice, but the blue mille i got from him colored way up in my tank so maybe hes just out to see what the AB bulb can do! its become my favorite and i hope it grows quick.

and i couldn't resist taking one of the new clown goby i got for my 6gal softie tank. hope he doesn't pester the toadstool to much and keep it closed all the time

the rose was a trade from a fellow club member. i have always wanted one and he has like 7 of them from his large BTA. he was not into selling them yet but i had something he wanted so we worked out a deal. i can't stand to see the prices people are paying although i think he paid that much for the mother. i have had the rose for 1 week. it split about 3 months ago from the mother.

does that original breeder have a website or anything? i'd love to know his secret or at least his setup and schedules!

nice rockwork btw. what kind of substrate are you using?

he doesn't have a site, his secret is to feed 3-5 times a week (silversides) stress them out and they split.

the substrate is a hawaiian grade a friend sent me in the 18gal and seachems calcite in the 6gal

no and no and no . sorry this person wants it to remain a secret, as alot of people have bugged him to sell them. sometime in the future he'll flood the market with them and screw one of the LFS for charging him so much in the first place. :P

I don't mean to narc anyone out or anything, but if you look around this message board with the search ferure there is a few hints to where all these BTAs are comming from.

Like reefriot, my rose came from elsewhere as well.

As for the comment about being overpriced, that really is subjective. At the current prices, they still sell like hotcakes. The market has set their price. Granted, in time, the cloned rose BTA population will be sufficient enough that these prices will be too high, and they'll come down.

Personally, to me, $100-$200 for a known hardy, readily reproducing rose is justified. I'd rather pay what I did now, than wait 2 years and pay half as much.

Who knows, in that time I could have made back what I paid, plus some, just by selling clones. Although I didn't buy based on that possibility. I really don't care if I don't make any of it back. But on the chance mine clones, I can tell you I will be selling them for a fair market price. The people who don't like that, can buy something cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived