Cultivated Reef

Looking for diverse zoo frags

Dwarfpufferfish

Dwarfpufferfish

Hey group,

I am new to keeping reefs and would like to start my 2 nano tanks out with some zoo frags. I would like to have a diverse group of zoos in the tank.

I have a limited budget, so smaller frags are better! Let me know what we can work out!

Hey skeletor,

I see that you are from Murrieta. I grew up there. I come down every now and then to visit my parents and will be starting a reef after x-mas. I am using Christmas as an excuse to upgrade my tank ;). I will be upgrading my 20l to a reef tank. I was just wondering if it might be cool if I ever stop by and check out your tank/s? It would help me a lot to actually see all the plumbing and strange conversions that you might use. Here is the setup I have now. Very basic, but it has been up for about 9 months.

Originally posted by skeletor

where are you located ?

I may be able to help you out with some zoos..

-skeletor-

I am in murrieta as well lets swap it up skeletor!

i agree Daemonfly, ive seen sketer before hes very nice helping those with limited funds but for others its pathetic trying to take advantage of him. the reef hobby is expensive if you dont have the funds you really shouldnt get into the hobby. personaly if anyone is even thinking of setting up a saltwater tank. obviously they have money to waste. try SAVING instead of begging.

dwarfpuffer did you say you have 2 nanotanks? that is 22222222?????? if you have 2 tanks than you cant possibly have no money. maybe if you limit yourself to 1 tank you might be able tosave for corals.instead of begging from nice guys like skeletor.

Originally posted by Daemonfly

Lol, he offers to help one person then all kinds of people come out of the woodwork asking for stuff ;)

Isnt that what this forum is all about? Asking fellow reefers for stuff? I simply asked him if it would be OK to check out his tanks, so I could get ideas for my own. Cant speak for anyone else, but the only free thing I was looking for from skeletor was tips and advice.

Dwarfpufferfish

Skeltor,

Thank you for the offer. I hope to hear from you soon. PM or email me anytime!

embryoguy,

There was no begging from my end! All I really said was I have a budget! I do have 2 tanks, both aquired for under $50.00 set up (minus lr/ls). One is the wifes that is going to be a clown tank, and the other is mine that I want to be a reef tank. It is possible to have a hobby on a budget you know!

Originally posted by embryoguy

i agree Daemonfly, ive seen sketer before hes very nice helping those with limited funds but for others its pathetic trying to take advantage of him.  the reef hobby is expensive if you dont have the funds you really shouldnt get into the hobby.  personaly if anyone is even thinking of setting up a saltwater tank. obviously they have money to waste.  try SAVING instead of begging.

HMMM... I sure hope you aren't posting this to my post cause mabey you don't read correctly I said swap you know trade whitch requires both parties giving stuff they don't have to each other for things they do have. embryo you truly are the type of smart a$$ that must get beat up alot for running his mouth!

• 3 weeks later...

Skeletor gave me some really nice stuff, he sets a really good example and when I have the resources I plan to make donations as well. He is also very knowledgable and friendly, and has SWEET

Archived