Cultivated Reef

ok to catch wild?????????

mlblover126

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF IT IS OK TO CATCH WILD PEP. SHRIMP, SARGET MAJORS ETC. FROM MY LOCAL JETTIES (PADRE ISLAND) ?????????????????;)

you'll have to check local regulations. in many places all you need is a fishing license to collect. best to check, because if you just go an collect and get caught, you might be paying a lot for that sargent major ;-)

should always quarantine

most fish are wild caught but the quarantine process is usually done at the lfs

in FL you need a seperate collector's license to collect fish and corals and there's a limit per day per person too.

with no quarantine tank, you're just taking a risk thats all.

dont seargent majors get too big for a nano anyway? (are we talking about a nano?)

could be a different type to the ones we get in oz, but ours get plate sized (and like to chase divers - talk about aggressive)

i did...started picking at my bali slimer. So i got rid of it. I wouldnt suggest any of them. Just peppermints. I live in corpus too. PM me..im trying to get a club together with other local reefers or start a chapter or MAAST.

matt the fiddler

well. depends where it is really.. soem places and species, yes.. others no- woudl you frown on the fish industry for every wild caught?

i would also say you havea 70%+ chance of getting a parasite of some form wiht out the quarantine ..

Archived