ReefCleaners.org

Nano DX Pump

natrate

I've read many posts about people upgrading the original nano-cube pump to a mini jet. Does the Nano Cube deluxe have a better pump, or should I upgrade it?

Naperville Reef

i believe the nano cube dx has the same stock pump as the previous nano cube. a lot of people complain that the stock pump is too loud. mine doesn't make any noise so i left it in.

I currently have a regular Nano for Fresh Water Fish and that pump is louder than the one in my Nano DX Reef. The FANS in the lid make more noise than the pump, but blend right in with the 4 PC's running in my office. I did add a Mini-Jet 404 in the lower left side to get the water moving more.

Originally posted by ardo_ski

I currently have a regular Nano for Fresh Water Fish and that pump is louder than the one in my Nano DX Reef. The FANS in the lid make more noise than the pump, but blend right in with the 4 PC's running in my office. I did add a Mini-Jet 404 in the lower left side to get the water moving more.

I agree with the fans comment. Cause I can sleep with the pump no problem at night, but when I try to take a nap in the afternoon or something, the fans are so friggin loud (the tank is next to my bed) that it is much harder to get to sleep.

Archived