ReefCleaners.org

identification for a new tank

wnuk

So I have had my tank running for a week now. It is in the process of cycling and I went down to a LFS in a mall and bought a few pounds of live rock.

I have 13 lbs in a 20 gallon and I will be getting another 10 lbs this weekend.

I have some interesting growths on some of the rocks and I was wondering if anyone could identify them please.

Thank you and I will post more pics as I take them and I can manage to keep them clear enought to decifer whats in the picture.

Thanks a million again.

harbingerofthefish

In the first pic if your talking about the stuff right in the center of the pic...looks like buttons. The ones I have take a while to open up fully after being moved around. And the ones in your pic seem to being trying to open up.

in the second and third pic...

the tall 5 petal polyp things, Daisy polyps

the other yellow things, not quite sure.

one of my lfs has what looks to be the same thing in a LR rubble tank, still not sure what it is.

how about a full tank shot?

Thanks for all the help everyone

I am still trying to set everything up in the tank, so as far as landscape goes, I have about 13lbs of rocks lying around the "sea bed".

The tank is 20 GAL so I am planing on getting another 10 lbs of rock and at that poiint I will seascape everything

HEre is a pic of everything I have in there so far

I will post some more closeups tonight, when I get home and take some more pics.

harbingerofthefish

yeah I'm suprised you LFS isn't selling those daisies as a polyp rock for $30. That's the kinda crap I see down here. So how much would it cost for a fist size hunk of rock with some growth like that to get shipped 3000 miles across the border? :D

You should see all the wonderful things I am finding

i am going to take more pictures tonight and I will post them

i got a great deal

i am going to head down tomorrow and get some more

hehehehehehehe

Archived