Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Besides Anenomes what will clowns host with?

ricknbecky

I have seen and/or herard of clowns taking on a host in leathers, ricordea, colt corals, torch corals, and frogspawn. But you can never tell if they will take on a host. But its not a big deal they'll be just as happy without one, especially if you have a pair.;)

I've seen clowns "hosting" in or wallowing around, in, or next to: generic, frilly, and hairy mushrooms, ricordea, a fox coral, assorted leather corals, xenia, bubble corals, assorted euphyllia corals, and I forget what all else.

Some of the non-living things I've heard of clowns "hosting" in: heaters, powerheads, a column of air bubbles, the outflow from power filter, fake anemones made out of cut rubber bands, Koosh balls, sponge filters, a particular corner of the tank.....

I've seen clowns "hosting" in or wallowing around, in, or next to: generic, frilly, and hairy mushrooms, ricordea, a fox coral, assorted leather corals, xenia, bubble corals, assorted euphyllia corals, and I forget what all else.

Some of the non-living things I've heard of clowns "hosting" in: heaters, powerheads, a column of air bubbles, the outflow from power filter, fake anemones made out of cut rubber bands, Koosh balls, sponge filters, a particular corner of the tank.....

printerdown01

I have fox coral, xenia, and hairy shrooms... My clown prefers to cruse the tank. I would venture to guess that he wouldn't even take a carpet anemone if I offered it to him. A lot of tank raised clowns just don't feel the need to host. However, at night he retreats back to his favorite corner. He had actually adopted my PH for shelter at night, but the PH is now in the other corner... and he now sits in the corner all alone at night -I feel bad for him. I have even considered moving the PH back, but I really don't think he cares... He RULES my tank, and I think that this is all matters to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Clowns will bond with all most anything from clay-pots to leather corals to anemones to in my case my 5" dersea clam. I guess there not to picky when it comes to making buddies:P

Archived