Cultivated Reef

what kind of plant is this?

Jodygirl

First I would like to thank everyone on this board, it has been a great help in deciding what kind of tank to get and how to set it up.

My hubby and I bought our first nano-cube tonight but have been doing research on reef keeping for quite awhile. We brought home a 12g Nano cube, with 6lbs of sand 1lb that was live and 5 lbs that was not and a beautiful piece of Tango ( I think) LR there are a few piece of green plants growing on it and we were curious as to what it is... any ideas? and should it be kept in the tank or taken out?

And is the orange stuff some kind of Algae or is that something else? All this stuff came on our rock from the LFS.

smallerAUT_4432.jpg

Actually they are not plants but, algae. What you have is grape caulerpa (Caulerpa racemosa). They do a good job of removing phosphates and nitrates from the water. I would keep them.

KansasCoral-Nu-B

i agree, i left some of that in my tank and now i've been trying to fight it for 2 months.. all from only a few strands this stuff chokes out everything. its in my sump but thats all. evil

Archived