Cultivated Reef

First fish and an Isopod

zakurie

I bought a yellow watchman goby as my first fish in my nano. Went to see the Incredibles (great movie!!) and comae home to see an isopod on the goby. After a challenging and stressful (for me and the goby) 20 minutes, I removed the isopod. The goby seems to be doing great. And no more signs of isopods.

It was a task. I had to get the goby out of my tank and into a clean tupperware with some salt water. Then I put the goby into another clean tupper ware with very little water so that I could get it out of the water long enough (like one or two seconds at a time) to get the ispod off with tweezers. I don't know who was more scared...me or the goby. After awhile, I got a good pinch on the isopod and it let go.

holyherbiness

wow nice.

My royal gramma would not let itself be caught. I created too many holes and crevices into my aquarium . If it becomes diseased, I'd have to let it sit it out, or die. Rather spend another 15 bucks than dismantle my whole aquarium to catch it heh

Dips can be from 2-10 minutes long. This depends on the behavior of the fish. If it starts to show extreme stress or starts to keel over then you should end the dip immediately. Goodluck.

Freshwater dips are extremely stressful on a fish and some species of fish won't even survive more than a few seconds in freshwater. You usually have better success removing those types of parasites with tweezers like you did. Good Job.

Archived