Innovative Marine Aquariums

coaral on the glass

snaggle

I want to put a coral on the glass. I have seen this befor. But how do you dit do you let it grow, or glue it? or do both ways work. and what kinds can you do? and also if I move what do I do?

i usually set it next to the glass and wait for the coral to attach, months or years or never. X) i'm lazy but i'm patient. :P

you can definitely glue it too i just don't prefer to do it that way. chances are once i glue it in place i'll want to put something there or screw it up. that's just the way my life is. :*(

you can use super glue and attach it tho. i'd just recommend you definitely know where and at what angle you want the coral. also clean the glass beforehand (i.e. scrap away coralline or biofilm). some people glue onto the coralline but i find if the coralline dies whatever you've glued can just falls off with it when it falls off (unless it has spread and anchored itself). hth

I have seem xenia on the glass and looks nice, you put them next to glass and current pushing it and they will move,

I'm thinking on putting some corals on the glass, and think that a back wall of zoos would be sweet :)

good luck,

sam

I tried gluing some lime green polyps to the glass and it didn't work well, so instead I glued it to a spot with coralline algae and they took off. the back right 1/3 of my 10G is now green.

• 3 months later...

i just put my xenias and gsp next to the glass and they both grew right on it. once they were there i traded the rock for something else . they are both growing very good and it looks cool

same here, I currently have a few palythoas, a red mushroom, and some GSP occupying my back and side wall. If you have enuff corals and not enuff real estate, it will happen planned or not.

Archived