ReefCleaners.org

easy anemone

bugsy

liquidfluidity

Rock Flower anemone. I don't think that there is any easier. It doesn't even need a whole lot of light. They are pretty good stingers also and get medium sized.;)

• 3 weeks later...

bugsy,

I vote for the carribean rock anemone(rock anemone, flower anemone) although you will still have to provide it with the right lighting, you won't need a lot of it. You will,however, need to feed it frequently.

BE AWARE THEY MOVE!!!! Can and will move around in your tank to what ever position sutes them and will sting and kill anything in there path.

Anemones? They can be scary dude's. I have one and all I think about is "Man if that thing moves then it's gonna get my torch, brain coral, shrooms, and everything in it's path". Careful when selecting an anemone. Usually when they dont move it means that they are comfortable where they are at. But as soon as it feels weird then off he goes. A NO NO for an anemone is a carpet. They grown extremely huge and are very powerful anemone's. If you must get one then go with a BTA.

If you must do an anemone everything here is bang on.

BTA is your best for hosting potential that "might" survive with non-MH lighting.

They really should have basically a tank of their own unless you don't mind them killing other stuff.

The way I did mine was ran fish/coralless for 3-4 months. (Had 1 cleaner shrimp and clenup crew and of course pods galore)

Put my RBTA in. Let him move around until he settled in. (Only took a day or so but can take weeks) Fed him and kept him the only thing in there for 2 months. He stayed in the sme place that whole time.

Added a pair of clowns. Still stayed in place. Then I added a few corals. He has stayed put but I would not put anything I wasn't prepaed to lose in with him!!

Archived