SaltCritters.com

Minature white things

ProReefer

Ok, so I woke up this morning and noticed super small pinhead sized white things swimming and walking on the glass? They somewhat resemble little shrimp, could they be parasites although I dont have fish in the water? all I have is corals right now and they seem to be really happy! so if anyone could give me some suggestions than let me know so I can research them up! Thanks a bunch!

they are copepods and/or amphipods. beneficial miniscule marine invertebrates that can be considered part of your cleanup crew. many corals including shrooms can feed off their little dead bodies swirling around in your aquarium (short lifespan, after all).

Originally posted by ProReefer

Ok, so I woke up this morning and noticed super small pinhead sized white things swimming and walking on the glass? They somewhat resemble little shrimp, could they be parasites although I dont have fish in the water? all I have is corals right now and they seem to be really happy! so if anyone could give me some suggestions than let me know so I can research them up! Thanks a bunch!

Does it look like this?

clear_flatworm.jpg

Archived