Top Shelf Aquatics

2 ID's needed.

jtown

I was wondering if you guys could help me out IDing these two things. Been a while since I've posted, but my 20L is still going well.

1. I didn't even know I had hundreds of these small snails in my tank at night. What are these guys and should I be worried about keeping them under control? Are they eating algae?

tank04.jpg

2. This stuff has spread all over my tank. I originally thought it was some sort of soft coral, but now I'm beginning to think it's a weed. Any info on this stuff?

tank05.jpg

tank06.jpg

thanks for any help.

the snails look like they could be grazers and you should be ok with them . However, with that many in the tank, you run the riosk of their food source disappearing and having some die-off.

The other thing looks like it could be some kind of anemone or possibly eggs. The picture isn't clear enough to tell.

I am not an expert so I could be completely wrong.

those snails are actually godo for your tank as they will graze..sorry i forgot the name of the snails, and if they get to be too much and run out of food, they will eventually die off so no worries. As for the anemone like thing, i have about 10 of them in my tank, i had someone that told me its actually a type of sps, as they have hard skeleton under that clear/red body of theirs, but i am not sure, but they sure are cool looking, the biggest one i have is about 3/4". They are not harmful and they do not move around at all.

Archived