Coral Vue Hydros

Sea Apple

Cain

I've heard that those things are time bombs, that when distressed they emit holothurin, toxic to (Ithink) everything else in the tank. Are you sure this is wise?

They do release toxin when they die or are extremely stressed, but I know of a reef that has had the same one for over 5 years. HOWEVER, they are filter feeders and usually will not do well in small tanks unless target fed daily. Even then it's a risk.

Hmmm tang police got a new cause huh...

Hey arent all fish then time bombs cause when they die in your tank your levels spike?

Does policing make you all feel better like you saved the day with dimwit common knowlege of a guideline you twist into gospel?

So what if he keeps an apple? of throws a tang in his 29 gallon.

Its on him

I have kept these species before. They are very easy to keep. It is ofcourse in a 75G tank. No fish. All inverts. As long as i feed it every day. On brineshrimp soaked in cromaplex then they normally do very well. I have also positioned it well to the left of the tank near the activated carbon and intake valves. I recommend sea apples only in big reefs.

Great looking but I must say "Tick, tick, tick..."

If that thing goes stressed out or dies, it would be like just dropping an Abomb on Nagasaki.

And I am not b¡tch¡ng you out, I am just warning as if that thing would go bad; I would hate to see a fellow tank captain have his ship go down.

Meercat_Maric

I think the things look cool, but what the heck do they do other than slug its way around the rock work?

Eh, IMO they are just another redundancy in a tank. Mind you, everyone likes what they like - but I purchased a sea urchin for dirt cheap one day (guess I was looking to buy something for the sake of buying something, ever do that?) and ever since its been cruising around my tank, bumping into softies and scraping the coraline off my rocks.

My point is, I was interested in it for about a week, then it wore off. kinda like a kid who gets a brand new trumpet for x-mas - ends up in the closet after a month.

X)

i agree bravo .. nothing like having a gaint bomb in the tank that could take everything out in one foul swop... think you must have a very very very good filter an in case you might wanna have extra water in jugs off hand =) personal exsperiences you can save the tank if it goes an you see it ... ps... might wanna keep it in a 20 gallon 12 gallon if it goes your gone

Archived