inTank Media Baskets

Tank upgrad

xurifle06

Hello i was wondering if it is possible to upgrade from my current nano cube to a 26 bow front. would there be a large affect with the addition of more liverock? or would it be better to upgrade, let it cycle and then transfer all the inhabbitants. thanks for the help

Well you can always transfer things to do an upgrade. They say that there can always be die off but it's pretty safe. What you need to do is place all your livestock in separate containers so you can do your transfer. I would recomend to try and save the most water you can from your old nano. That way you can introduce it to your new tank. Im also going to be doing an upgrade from my 20 to a 60gallon. So im also looking into the same deal right now. I know a guy from here (tigahboy), which did an upgrade and had no problems. It can be done especially when you have been reefing for a while, you somewhat get the feel when something goes weird. I say go for it and have fun with 26 BF. By the way, I would recomend you to get more LR for you new tank. How much do you have now?

Right now i have 10 lbs of live rock in my cube. i was thinking 35- 40 would be the correct weight of rock needed. after starting this thing i notice that there is just so much more i want to do and this tank is restrictive. thanks for all the help. I was thinking of lighing it with a 175 w mh compliments with two vho actinic. i was hoping this would be enough to keep a clam.

Archived