Cultivated Reef

dosing bionic w/ auto top off

johnrags1234

hey everyone! im going to start dosing 2 part bionic. anyway im adding a water top off system(thanks cameron!). i shouldnt add both parts to the make up water should i? i saw on rc that its best to put the alk. in the top off resovoier and then manualy add the calcium half. How do i measure the dosage, as its one ml per 4 gallons and my tanks 2.5? should i be using kalkwasser instead?

I'd use half a 1ml pipette if i were you. The only way i can think to auto-dose b-ionic is to have 2 timers, where it releases the alk part first, and like a minute later, does the calcium. I've just been dosing mine manually.

With a tank that small, I don't think you really need to dose that much, as your doing lots of water changes, and you dont have much coral that demands calcium yet.

DO NOT USE IT WITH YOUR TOPOFF WATER!!!!!

the part one, ALK/ will become clumps and jelly like without current, always dose the 2 part in direct current, like in front of the powerheads, where the white will immediately turn clear. If you are going to be using it for topoff, try Kalk mix..ie. Pickling Lime..they are much better anyways. but remember when you dose Kalk water/use only the clear water part and not the white scum on the bottom and be sure to pre-mix those and let it sit overnight as the heavier particals will be settled to the bottom. USE THE DRIP METHOD, not just pour it in all at once as it may shock your system with tremedous high PH jumps..

Archived