SaltCritters.com

Fish Compatability Question

Bin Weed

I have a green clown goby in my ten gallon nano but i dont want him in there. Will he work in a 40 gallon tank with a Maroon Cown, Watchman Goby and a flame angel? I see no problems. My Maroon has an anemone. Just thought i better double check.

Lots of LR with a lot of different hiding places

thanks for your coments

BEN

He would not be compatabile with any Clownfish especially the Maroon, which are the most agressive and territorial of the species. The Maroon who is more established and has staked out territorial grounds would surely bother probably kill the clown or stress him to a point where he will stop eating. People have tried to integrate clowns in much larger systems that 40g and come across the same problem. Goodluck.

I think Regal misunderstood. Bin wants to put a clown GOBY in the 40. IMO it will probably work out ok. I had a yellow clown goby in with an orchid dottyback and a scott's damsel and he did just fine. Clown gobies secrete a noxious substance in their slime coating that makes them unpalatable to other fish so they tend to get left alone by other species.

I have a yellow clown goby with a mated pair of ocellaris and they are OK... No conflicts whatsoever.

I'd go for it. make sure to acclimatize, and introduce at bed time (leave a light on so that the goby can see, the clowns should go to bed)

You might want to move rock around a bit and make sure there is a place for the goby to hide shoudl things take a turn for the worst. I don't see any problems tho

Archived