Pod Your Reef

Coming back from the hurricanes ...Dialup beware

Carl_in_Florida

Carl_in_Florida

Frances and Jeanne came through and almost wiped out the nano-reef project. I did water changes, and waited, waited, waited. Some of the zoos are coming back and I kept the rock and the macro in the fuge. I added some sand after I got the rainsford goby and I have a few new frag rocks here and there.

Here are some photos of the progress.

Carl

20041101.jpg

Here is a frag that I got with my macro and mostly made it through the storm. It is making a come back.

Carl_in_Florida

cinamon.jpg

They call this a cinamon mushroom. They get pretty big with cool coloration. They are native to this area though I did not collect them.

Nice recovery from the Huriicanes. The Nano is Looking good. I luck out with no power loses during those two storms. But Charlie knocked out power for 3 days for us. But the Nano's survived.

Carl_in_Florida

You are fortunate. I feel like an idiot for not having a battery powered air pump for the first one. I used it for the second and it worked great. I will get some full tank shots up shortly (a day or so)

carl

Living in central Florida and all the thunder storms and associated power outages. I Decided early that I needed some battery powered air pumps around. Not even thinking about a hurricane, let alone three.

Originally posted by Carl_in_Florida

yellowzoo.jpg  

I just got these.  Can't wait to see what they look like in a few.

IME They are basically aptasia that you pay for. they spread quickly, and sting sharply.

They will overrun your tank if not kept in check.

Carl_in_Florida

birdman, they kind of look that way from the pic but they are really yellow, not brown. They behave more like a zoo then aptasia. But time will tell.

Carl

• 1 month later...
Carl_in_Florida

I have had ph problems since the hurricanes and have had some really dark green algee in my sand once but other than that we are coming back slowly.

I will post a picture tonight or tomm.

Carl

Carl_in_Florida

Here is where I am at as of Jan 1, 2005

jan12005.jpg

So this is nto the most in focus picture ever. Gotta gt a tripod.

I finally have my ph under control and I can see the softies really responding. I will add at least one more fish soon. I have a bit of a macro algee issue that I am dealing with but other than that all is well.

Carl

Carl_in_Florida

I am now an official hurricane hater. I am still kicking myself for not having some battery bubble things for the first one. I had one for the second one but thepower was only out 2 dys for that one.

I really miss my black and white clown.

Carl

Archived