Pod Your Reef

YenkoReef is born...

MrYenko

Went and picked up the LR today.

Hitchikers so far include a slew of feather dusters, what appears to be a flame scallop, a sponge that isnt long for this world, and a few worms.

Bout time something alive made it in. :

Originally posted by MessyRoadKil

I just saw that @ reefcentral! Lol. Very nice, I love the top the most though, How much did it Cost you? How did you make it?

I built the hood out of .040" 2024T3 alclad aluminium, cut on a table shear, bent on a finger brake, and fastened with 64 AN470AD4-4 solid shank rivets. Whew. :P

It cost me nothing, because I threw it together in class. The lights are two 13w Powercompacts from Hellolights, one 6500k, on Actinic 03. Tommorow after class, I have to come up with a cooling solution...With the lights on, the tank wants to go to 90°F...:o No good. Going to rifle through my fathers stuff tommorow to see what he's got in the way of small 110vac fans. Ive got all the DC fans I could ever want, but I dont feel like rigging a transformer. Busy busy.

I would say that in total, Ive spent less than $100 on hard parts on this tank, and thats from absolute scratch. The live sand and rock put me over that number though.

I know that this is totally off topic, but you really ought to put one of these reproduction Badges on the front of your hood...it would look uber sweet and give your tank the personal touch that would be unmistakeably you.

y34y.jpg

Originally posted by Whitten

I know that this is totally off topic, but you really ought to put one of these reproduction Badges on the front of your hood...it would look uber sweet and give your tank the personal touch that would be unmistakeably you.

y34y.jpg

Whoa. I never thought of that. B)

Ricks First Generation Camaro Has them, as well as Year One. There are tons of other places that sell them, but those come to mind first. If the badge is too expensive I suggest getting the decal....but I think the badge would just be plain bad ass.

Archived