inTank Media Baskets

like My Aquasacaping?

Deleted User 8530

Deleted User 8530

Do you think ill have enough room for corals?

00000013.jpg

So far all I have is a Button polyps colony

20w 50/50

Penguine mini HOB-With floss

00000011.jpg

I would try breaking up some of the bigger pieces and try to move them off the glass but other wise great start. I would also try to get some stronger lights.

Deleted User 8530

Well. I got the rock off and like the new cave, Now i think ill have some spots to put some new Corals. Now All I have to do is not Disturb it for ANY thing. Also I wasnt planing on keeping anything hard to keep in here, Just zoos Mushrooms, GSP, And thats about it. 00000020.jpg

000000201.jpg

Deleted User 8530

I hate when I have no Replies. I think its just because I have no corals :-( Well Im going to try to get some more over the weekend now that I have a Tad more Money that Im Not spending on both My hobbies (photography, Aquariums)

Dr. Saltwater

I'm looking at your picture ...

Place 1 and 3 are more of the spots for Mushrooms and Zoos. Place 2 I'd place the GSP ...

About the scaping ... is it stable? Because it doesn't look like it to be honest :(

to honest, i odnt want to mean, but i thnk the reason that no one is replying is because they dont want to hurt oyur feelings. it really dosent look stable, nor pleasing to the eye.

I'm worried about the two pieces of LR on the left side that are touching the tank wall. That's kind of a nono inasmuch as they can wind up going THROUGH the wall (pressure points, as mentioned above). If you want an amazing demo....take a raw egg in your bare hand, and try to break it by squeezing it (over a sink). The vast majority of people cannot. Then take the same egg and put on a ring. Cracks very easily, because the ring creates a pressure point pushing against the shell. Same deal with your rock and your aquarium glass.

Is this the 2.5g tank mentioned in your signature? I ask because 2.5g tanks are built with glass that is way too strong for their size. Although thinner glass would be perfectly capable of holding the water, rock, whatever....it would cost more, because the 1/8" glass they use is standard, and therefore cheaper than thinner stuff would be. As such, with a 2.5g, which has small sides made of thick glass, you can actually get away with more leaning of live rock on glass.

With regard to aquascaping, I think it looks mildly artificial (not necessarily a bad thing, as the whole point of a reef tank is that it's an artificial habitat). It will provide a great base for your corals, though (to my eye, it looks pretty stable)....and once you get some corals in there I think it will look a lot more natural.

What I went for with my first tank (and plan to do again this time) is to build something that looks like it actually could happen in the ocean. Reefs often form small walls, and my first tank was an attempt to build one of these walls within the confines of my glass box. For the new tank, I'm going for something a little different....there's a thread around here somewhere with pics and all, if you're interested.

Go find the thread about NAx0's tank. It's got the best aquascaping I've ever seen....I was inspired by it....perhaps you will be too.

The rock itself looks very nice. Where'd you get it?

--Bucky

Archived