Coral Vue Hydros

Help Pick My Fish!

Kogut

Hey, I've got a 20L that is finally done cycling. I'm planning on going with mostly SPS and a clam or 2. I'll have a couple softies near the edges that the MH doesn't hit as well... I want to add a fish or two that is colorful and fun to watch. I love the colors of a coral angel, but I don't know if my tank would be considered big enough. That would be my first choice and I could deal with not having any other fish if one would be happy in my tank. A firefish/dartfish would be 2nd choice, but I have no top... :- Please help me pick a suitable fish for the tank that won't destroy everything else. Thanks!

Connor

o coral angle cna be a tricky fish, sometimes they are hard to get to start feedig, they cna also nip at some corals. i would suggest a few small gobys and maby some green chromis the chromis school it's really cool and i'v found that gobys and blennys have the most personaility

Yes the coral beauty i am assuming you are talking about would be too big to live comfortably, and they have been known to nip at corals. I would personally reccomend either clownfish, mated pair or single, or somekind of goby or blenny (bicolor blennys are awesome) . Goodluck.

Undertheradar

a pygmy cherub angel would only get to 2"...less of a hassle than coral beauts and the like. OTherwise, my favorite fish right now is my bali tiger jawfish.

i've never been a fan of the popular nano fish (clowns, firefish, etc. etc.), but you could look into a fang blenny, or maybe a dwarf lionfish (short term, he'll outgrow it eventually)

a cherub angel would be your best bet for an angel in a nano tank, because they aren't known to nip at corals, and stay quite small. the rest of them don't really do well in nano's because they tend to nip at corals and will outgrow it, they're better suited to a large reef tank where their nipping habits won't really affect anything because there's so many corals, nothing gets picked at consistently.

Archived